Oola’s top 10 tips to stay healthy this Ramadan! May 25, 2017 – Posted in: Community – Tags: #OolaPioneer, ramadan
Nothing says endurance more than Ramadan. Firstly we would like to take this opportunity to wish our loyal supportive community Ramadan Mubarak: wishing you and your families a blessed, peaceful and healthy Ramadan.
Ramadan is a spiritual time for reflection and a test of endurance and patience. As we approach this special month, we wanted to share our top 10 tips to stay healthy and fit this Ramadan. Our body and mind are both vessels (we aren’t pioneers otherwise!) our vessels need to be fuelled during suhoor (pre-sunrise) and nourished during iftar (post-sunset.) Depending on where you are located in the world the fasting hours vary – the first days of Ramadan may seem long and tough so we wanted to share our top 10 tips which will hopefully ease you into this period.
Oola, as always is committed to help you achieve your fitness goals you can buy you sportswear here and stay fit this Ramadan…
- Stay hydrated – we are forever reminded of drinking at least 2 litres of water a day! However during Ramadan this may not always be possible at regular intervals – try to drink ample amounts during iftar and suhoor – and just before sunrise. You can try to infuse your water with lemons and limes or berries (more anti-oxidants.)
- Caffeine – if you are fasting whilst at work there is nothing tougher in the first days of Ramadan than caffeine withdrawal – we know the struggle! try having your cup of tea or coffee just before sunrise to fuel you through the next few hours.
- Slow Release Energy Carbohydrates – As the fasts can be up to 12 hours it’s important to fuel. Try breakfast items at Suhoor which will release sugar into the bloodstream slowly, and keep you fuller-for-longer! Eggs, Spinach, Salmon, Oats, Foul-madames are all examples of slow release carbohydrates giving your body protein and an abundance of Vitamins!!
- Gentle exercise – Ramadan can make us feel sluggish and tired – but don’t let that stop you!. Put on your Oola sportswear and get exercising – a good time to do gentle exercise would be 1 or 2 hours after Iftar. Your body is nourished and ready to go!
- Yoga / Meditation / Prayer / Detox – With reduced working hours, Ramadan is a time of spirituality and getting in touch with yourself – take some time for YOU!
- Family time – We all lead very busy lives so enjoy Iftar and Suhoor time with loved ones where possible – its Sacred!
- Iftar indulgence – as lucky and blessed as we are to enjoy delightful Iftars and a variety of food options – enjoy the feasts and treats – and enjoy your Oola Sportswear to work-off those calories during your post iftar walk-outs.
- Walk it off – Workout or Walk out? – Never underestimate the power of walking – we call it a walk-out, it’s considered gentle exercise and just 30 minutes of brisk walking a day can improve your cardiovascular health. What are you waiting for ladies? After Iftar grab your favorite Oola toke and scarf and a friend and take a stroll.
- It’s a date! – Dates are a staple fruit to break the fast and the varieties are endless! Enjoy them with nuts such as almonds, pistachios or dipped in nut butters (peanut, cashew, almond butter) – with all the natural sugar it’s a much healthier alternative to chocolate.
- Enjoy it!! This month comes once a year – it’s a test and a testament to ourselves, so enjoy it Ladies!
You can shop your favorite Oola sportswear here or now at Sports Corner branches in City Centre, The Mall, and Salwa Road- Doha.
Ramadan Mubarak from everyone at Oola!